GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Director for Human Resources will report to the Vice President for Human Resources and the Center for InterculTUral Excellence and will be instrumental in taking a strategic lead in advancing the Human Resources department. The Director for Human Resources will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the University's mission and talent strategy.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with University policy.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the University's goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the University's strategy, guiding principles, and DEI goals.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; employee recognition, and morale; health and safety; and training and development.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Conducts research and analysis of trends including review of reports and HR metrics from the system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Monitors and ensures the organization's compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Develops and implements departmental budget.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization's HRIS and talent management systems.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master's degree preferred.
- At least five years of human resource management experience is required.
- SHRM-CP preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/nVBKV4UGyAZXkiJArsyQrz
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency