Adjunct Faculty & Payroll Lead
Under the direction of the Director University Payroll Services is primary responsible for processing Adjunct Faculty employees while working closely with Provost Division and Human Resources Office management. The secondary responsibility are Payroll Lead duties including auditing and reviewing staff work in relation to the payroll. Both primary and secondary responsibilities include proper compliance with Federal and State regulations and University policies governing compensation and benefits.
This position is a full time temporary position until 6/20/2021. If needed the position could be extended with proper approval and funding.
Primary Essential Functions Adjunct Faculty
1. Responsible for all aspects of the Adjunct Faculty Project including implementation, training, reporting, and all other items as stated in the Project Charter and Project Task List.
2. Responsible for assisting Payroll and HR staff on all campuses with processing Adjunct Faculty.
3. Responsible for working closely with Provost Division, Deans, Business Managers, and Adjunct Faculty Supervisors while ensuring their reporting needs are met.
4. Responsible for assisting and providing customer service directly to Adjunct Faculty.
5. Responsible for working with Internal Audit ensuring procedures, and validations are developed and acceptable.
6. Responsible for establishing policies and procedures for processing the Adjunct Faculty.
7. Will work with Provost and Human Resource Departments to ensure their websites reflect consistent information concerning Adjunct Faculty new policies and procedures.
Secondary Essential Functions Payroll Lead
1. Performs review and audit of Banner Payroll system data entry and reports as needed to support accurate, timely payroll processing and internal and external compliance.
2. Responsible for assisting the Payroll Manager with the processing of the Bi-Weekly Payroll, including leading staff, ensuring compliance, resolving problems, auditing, and ensuring all processes and timelines are met.
3. Reviews key payroll, payroll tax, and benefits account reconciliations to support financial reporting and tax filings to ensure accuracy.
4. Assists with processing moving expenses, fringe benefits, out of state employees, and assisting with the highly compensated employees.
Five (5) years of Payroll experience.
Strong written and verbal communications skills required, including some public speaking to and training of colleagues.
Strong computer skills, including intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills, and substantial experience with automated payroll processing systems.
Strong accounting skills.
Strong organizational skills.
Knowledge of project implementation.
Strong customer service orientation.
Knowledge of Federal and California state employment and tax law required.
Ability to work independently with critical deadlines and competing priorities.
Advanced knowledge of payroll processing, and computer payroll processing.
Solid working knowledge of staff training and supervision, payroll audit practices and procedures, and payroll tax reporting and compliance.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone; as well as standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Meeting critical deadlines may require work performed during non-routine business hours, especially during payroll processing and various high volume workload times of the year, (e.g. calendar year end, fiscal year end and the beginning of the school year). In addition, may be require to work on University Seasonal Day or Holiday.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, non-exempt
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/17337
University of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency