- Admissions Special Program Coordinator-Admissions and Recruitment - Bunker Hill Community College
- Go to our website »
Under the guidance of the Director of Admissions & Recruitment, the Admissions Special Programs Coordinator for Enrollment, Recruitment & Outreach, is part of the College's Admissions and Recruitment team. With specific focus on creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all students to BHCC. The primary focus of this position will be working with BHCC's adult learner population, collaboration with the Workforce & Economic Development Division, nurturing relationships with community organizations that provide adult education services, as well as assisting with pathways for non-credit students into degree or certificate programs.
As Special Programs Coordinator, a primary responsibility is also to address prospective and new student concerns/issues that support the continuous goal of providing a student-centered approach for all students to the College at every entry point.
This is a hybrid position that requires both in-person and remote work.
- Promote and recruit for all BHCC academic programs and certificates with a particular attention to building a pathway for students enrolled in non-credit programs and classes to matriculation.
- Manage recruitment specialty are by developing relationships with diverse constituencies including, but not limited to prospective students, parents, guidance counselors, industry professionals, employment agencies, GED Centers, and community-based organizations by attending college fairs, conducting information sessions, classroom visits and representing the college at industry events.
- Provides a full range of group and individual admissions counseling to prospective, new and accepted students; provides direct and targeted support to adult learners
- Provides advisement to prospective and currently enrolled students applying to matriculate into degree and certificate programs; provides information on transfer credit and program requirements; assists students with academic planning
- Collaborates with the Workforce and Economic Development Division to support student inquiries, and coordinate and facilitate recruitment information sessions and events with a primary focus upon adult learners
- Uses the customer relationship tool, TargetX for application processing, outreach and recruitment; uses student information system, Colleague for student data reporting and analysis; and a transfer equivalency system (TES) to respond to inquiries related to transfer equivalencies
- Responsible for developing data tracking reports for assigned programs and territories
- Carry out and monitor office and college policies and procedures as they relate to admissions and enrollment
- Ensure that the delivery of customer service is student-centered and consistent within the office
- Utilizes phone, email, text, live chat and other communicate tools to support student recruitment and outreach.
- Represent the department on College committees and taskforces, and in the larger external community
- Supervises student workers or other temporary support staff assigned to the Admissions and Recruitment department.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Directors of Admissions and Recruitment
- Participates in at least two Saturday enrollment events during the months of August and January
- Master's degree in Education, Counseling, Psychology, Business Administration, or closely related field; or Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of direct admissions and recruitment experience in a higher education environment
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in Admissions/Advising or Workforce Development areas of higher education; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding, interpreting and enforcing policy and procedures;
- Ability to travel to and from recruitment sites to conduct work activities;
- Strong working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; also previous experience using student information and customer relationship management systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a busy environment;
- Must be committed to the mission of a community college and demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population;
- Will be required to work evenings and weekends when the need arises; specifically during the peak enrollment months of August and January
- Experience working in community college Admissions or Workforce Development.
- Prior experience using Colleague and TargetX
Salary Range: $47,711.- $53,000. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Full state Benefits. (This position is funded for a minimum of 1 year after which the position will be reevaluated.)
Grade 4, Unit-Professional position
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration Application Materials Must Be Received By April 7.2023
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as noted above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience has prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency