Albright College, a liberal arts college in Reading, PA, is seeking applications for an Assistant Director of Human Resources. The Assistant Director of Human Resources is primarily responsible for the oversight of compensation, off-boarding employees, HRIS processes and employer relations. Serves as second in command in the absence of the Director of Human Resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with the Director of HR to develop a compensation philosophy institution-wide;
- Reviews all position requisitions and analyzes comparative salary data to make recommendations on salary ranges;
- Reviews all job descriptions during the position requisition process, as well as, establishes annual review of job descriptions during performance periods;
- Assist in annual compensation and equity reviews and finalize, create and distribute equity change letters to employees;
- Handles employee relations matters for the College;
- Documents and investigates employee relations matters, and provides follow up to those effected as quickly as possible, but no later than 60 days from the time the matter is initially reported;
- Works to find reasonable resolution within area of responsibility, referencing policy and past practice; engages the Director of HR on decisions that are not clear, or may escalate to a higher level;
- Updates and recommends policy updates to match best practice;
- Keeps Director of HR aware of employee relations matters;
- Recommends tracking system for employee relations matters, and matters that may involve higher level investigation;
- Refers higher level employee relations matters to Director of HR;
- Contacts employment attorney as needed for complex matters.
Off-boarding Employees Responsibilities
- Assists all managers with off-boarding employees;
- Ensures all off-board employee forms and departing clearances forms are completed by managers in a timely manner;
- Completes exit interviews and sends out exit interview surveys to off-boarding employees;
- Provides, maintains, and updates exit interview surveys for all off-boarded faculty and staff;
- Review and update management assignments within the HRIS system for all off-boarding employees;
- Ensure all system accesses are updated following employee off-board, including reset of password in HRIS and turning off email notifications;
- Distribute former employee access instructions to HRIS system to all off-boarding employees;
- Creates separation letters for all off-boarded employees and processes all administrative items on the off-boarding checklist;
- Attends unemployment hearings as necessary.
- Assists the project lead to implement new HRIS modules and system version updates;
- Recommends enhancements or efficiencies for current administrative functions that can link back to the HRIS;
- Circulates, processes and maintains status changes in the HRIS system in a timely and accurate manner;
- Updates/enters information into the HRIS via change forms that route to the AD role;
- Prepares status change and other employment change letters, including separation letters, in a timely and accurate manner;
- Works closely with managers as a business partner on processing individual employee status change forms and assists the Project Manager on other organizational changes to be made within the HRIS system;
- Prepares reports necessary for organizational and human resources reporting, EEOC reporting, and other reporting as requested;
- Other HRIS responsibilities as assigned.
General HR functions
- Assists with employment, benefit, satisfaction, and exit interview surveys, as needed and/or requested;
- Assists with forms management which includes, but is not limited to, updating and developing forms, as needed, and ensures a logical and organized electronic filing system;
- Departmental filing and folder maintenance for off-boarded employees;
- Provides cross coverage to HR staff members as necessary;
- Provides back-up coverage for HR staff during times of absence;
- Updates and maintains procedure guides for HR functions within area of responsibility.
- In the absence of the Director, oversees assigned personnel, and is responsible for their time/attendance, and performance (as applicable);
- In the absence of the Director, ensures continuity of HR business functions.
OTHER ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Demonstrates ability to look for inefficiencies and offers suggestions to improve work processes and procedures;
- Serves as a back-up for new hire orientations and other essential HR functions during times of departmental absence or high volume need;
- Attends HR trainings, HR professional organizations, and programming to keep HR skills current;
- Assists with HR and College events as needed;
- Maintains open communication channels to foster a harmonious working environment;
- Maintains accurate and complete records in an organized and efficient manner;
- Assists on special projects within the HR department as needed;
- Other duties that may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / PREREQUISITES
- Ability to effectively communicate with various constituents of the College, faculty, staff, supervisors, management and co-workers using strong and understandable language skills verbally, in reading, written work and comprehension;
- Communication must be professional, consistent with College values, mission and culture;
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and fully communicate in English;
- Ability to effectively engage in public speaking, and present informative and understandable presentations in front of group.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret directives and instructions;
- Demonstrated commitment to building an inclusive and equitable Albright community, as described in Albright College's Inclusivity and Equity Statement.
- Working knowledge of current state and federal benefit and employment laws and regulations;
- Ability to acquire working knowledge of College policies and procedures, and be able to effectively communicate their intent;
- Ability to perform simple and complex mathematical calculations;
- Ability to respond professionally to inquiries from faculty, staff, management, vendors, consultants and Board members in a timely manner;
- Ability to work honestly and with integrity;
- Ability to work with the highest level of confidentiality;
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point), internet, e-mail, etc.;
- Advanced personnel database skills and experience;
- Ability to effectively handle and resolve low to mid, but complex employee relations matters;
- Ability to represent the department and College professionally.
- EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years' of related Human Resources experience required;
- 5+ years' of experience working with compensation administration required;
- 5+ years' of intermediate to advanced personnel database experience, including system configuration, required;
- 5+ years' successful employee relations resolution experience required;
- 2+ years' of experience working in Higher Education desirable, but not required.
- Bachelor's degree+ in related business field required; or, equivalent combination of related work experience and education; Master's degree in related business field preferred.
- Current HR certifications, up-to-date continuing education credits and on-going professional development highly desirable.
Review of applications for this position will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should complete an application at the following website:
Cover letter, a minimum of two professional references and any other supporting application materials can be uploaded in one document along with the resume. Optional documents may be submitted can include: proof of education/certification, licenses, and letters of recommendation. Albright offers a competitive benefits package, which includes tuition remission.
As the oldest institution of higher learning in Berks County, Albright College has a long history of educating students of academic promise. Founded in 1856, Albright College is a diverse community of learners cultivating integrity, curiosity, connection, and resilience. The college's flexible curriculum encourages students to combine and cross majors to create individualized academic programs. Close faculty mentorship and numerous experiential learning options create opportunities for Albright graduates to exceed their own expectations. Nationally ranked as a top performer for social mobility, Albright is proud of its wide cultural and economic diversity. Students learn to relate to people from different backgrounds, develop greater self-awareness, and gain a panoramic perspective of the world in order to view problems from multiple perspectives. The experience is valuable to students preparing to enter today's global workplace, where differences in backgrounds and perspectives are the norm.
Albright College is a liberal arts institution with approximately 1750 students, located within an hour of Philadelphia and three hours of New York, Baltimore and Washington, DC. Additional information about Albright College is available at www.albright.edu.
At Albright, we believe our differences make us stronger and empower us to better understand and respect one another in a just and fair manner. With this in mind, the College recruits, houses, educates, employs, supports, and generally celebrates people of all statuses, identities, and backgrounds, including, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, religious or spiritual identity, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, marital and parental status, veteran status, political affiliation, and physical and mental ability. Albright College is an EEO employer and, as stated above, is actively committed to inclusivity within its community. In pursuit of that, we actively encourage diversity in all dimensions among applicants for this position. Additional information about Albright College is available at www.albright.edu.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency