Founded in 1891, Seattle Pacific University has a long and distinguished history in Christian higher education. Located just minutes from downtown Seattle, SPU seeks to be a premier Christian University fully committed to engaging the culture and changing the world by graduating people of competence and character, becoming people of wisdom, and modeling grace-filled community. Seattle Pacific University seeks applicants committed to its Christian mission.
As part of our mission of cultural engagement, SPU is committed to building an excellent and diverse staff and faculty. Diversity is an ethos that is inseparable from our Christian faith. At SPU, we recognize diversity as a basic feature of God's creation and a core theme of the gospel. At the heart of our mission-centered commitment to becoming a more diverse community is a desire to represent the breadth of God's kingdom more fully.
We strive to become a workplace of choice and to recruit, develop, and retain faculty and staff who can embrace, value, and engage differences with humility and care. We invite you to join us on our journey by starting a career at SPU! Learn more about SPU's commitment to diversity and opportunities for our employees to deepen their capacity to serve our increasingly diverse student body.
Seattle Pacific University provides reasonable accommodation to applicants. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the application or hiring process please contact the Human Resources Department at (206)281-2809, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Notification must be given at least five (5) working days before the accommodation is needed.
General Summary: Leads and implements the Human Resources programs, functions, and policies to meet the mission, goals, and objectives of the University.
- Provides leadership to the following Human Resources department functions:
- Employment benefits programs (e.g., medical, dental, retirement, life and long-term disability insurance). Includes communication with all employees, annual renewals and negotiation with consultants and vendors, and design and administration of benefit plans.
- Recruitment of staff. Includes position marketing, mission and faith matches, strategic goals, and development of appropriate approaches to expand the pool of available qualified candidates.
- Campus employee cross-training and development initiatives. Includes the planning and coordination of supervisor and compliance training, staff development initiatives, and the development of on-line training presentations and in-person training seminars for all staff.
- Staff compensation plan. Includes classification studies and annual market benchmark update. Perform classification reviews for Fair Labor Standards Act compliance. Recommend market benchmarks and salary placement analysis.
- Information systems serving personnel records and administration. Includes integration with other University systems such as payroll, budget planning and control, accounting, and other applications.
- Hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, and supervising staff in the Human Resources department.
- Campus-wide on-line staff performance evaluation system.
- Management of institutional policies and compliance regarding employment of non-US citizens on campus. This includes visa and other required immigration paperwork for both faculty and staff.
- Management and development of departmental budget.
- Consults with and advises employees and supervisors regarding Human Resources personnel and benefit policies, work-related concerns/grievances/investigations, personal improvement plans, progressive discipline and, if necessary, terminations.
- Develops, recommends, and upon approval, promulgates all Human Resource and benefit policies.
- Leads and supports the University's efforts in diversity, equity, and inclusion as it relates to Human Resource Office's operations, and institutional staff recruitment, and compensation. Includes coordination with the Office of Inclusive Excellence to measure and track effectiveness.
- Serves as University's responsible official for institutional compliance in areas of employment, wage and hour, employment-related ADA, ERISA, HIPAA, ACA, Title VII, and other federal, state, and local laws and regulations as they apply to employees.
- Supports the University's Title IX Coordinator through participation in the development of policy and facilitating formal and informal discrimination complaint processes in collaboration with Legal Counsel, Title IX Coordinator, and others.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Five or more years' experience in the human resources area and progressively increasing responsibility.
- Thorough understanding of benefit and compensation planning and administration.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State employment laws and regulations.
- Successful track-record of preventing discrimination claims and investigating harassment complaints.
- Five years of supervisory experience managing exempt and nonexempt personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Development and presentation of employee and supervisor training program.
- High level of emotional intelligence; strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding and agreement with the University mission and faith statements; and willingness and ability to interview prospective applicants regarding their Christian commitment.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) certification or Certificate in Human Resources Management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel and SharePoint. Familiarity with Human Resource Information Systems.
- Master's degree in human resource management, business administration or related field.
- Experience in all areas of the human resources department and demonstrated progression in responsibility. Experience working on highly analytical projects.
- Experience developing online training programs and developing web content a plus.
- Experience with Banner (Elucian), a plus.
Position will remain open until filled.
This is a full time position with excellent benefits. SPU pays the employee premium for medical, dental, and vision insurance. SPU makes contributions to an employee HSA account and to a retirement account after one year of eligibility in the plan. Tuition discount program available for the employee and qualified immediate family members.
Please submit a cover letter and resume along with the online application.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency