When Bay Path opened its doors to students in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student...to start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and three satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: ACDTREW
- Job Type: Full-time
- Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30-5:00 with some evenings and weekends as necessary
- Position Location: Longmeadow, MA
Reporting to the AVP & Director of Human Resources, the incumbent serves as a key advisor on Total Rewards Benefit programs, plans, projects, policies, and procedures and serves as a subject matter expertise and support to Bay Path University's Total Rewards (compensation and benefits) strategy. The Associate Director, Total Rewards will lead the design, development, and delivery of total rewards programs and services consistent with the priorities and mission of Bay Path University.
This individual will provide specialized, qualitative, and analytical consultative support in the planning, defining, integrating, and validating of benefit and compensation plans, programs, and projects, including strategy, philosophy, and policy development consistent with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Assist in the design, development, review, and modification of specific programs, plan provisions, tools, projects, and procedures; Manage the administration of employee benefits programs that include and are not limited to: medical, dental, life insurance, disability programs, FSA, HSA, HRA, Opt Out Program, voluntary benefits, vacation, sick and personal time, FMLA and other leave types.
- Responsible for managing benefits project initiatives; coordinating annual benefit planning, plan summary documents, enrollment, and communications activities; service provider management; and responding to and completing multiple, varied, and technically diverse assignments.
- Resolve issues requiring deep functional expertise of Unemployment Insurance, Worker's Compensation, COBRA, and Leave of Absence & American with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Recommend methods to update, simplify, and enhance processes, procedures, and technologies.
- Develop cost analysis of implementing specific benefits plans in comparison to the competitive landscape and maintains census data for insurance coverage for all covered employees by type of coverage, dependents covered, etc.
- Oversee open enrollment program (i.e., rate renewals, plan changes, and communication) and transition to new plan year to ensure effective implementation of annual benefits cycle; compiles benefit selection and associated cost information; interfaces with vendors to obtain and exchange information and provide clarification of system benefit administration issues, and ensures readiness of payroll systems, and interfaces to auxiliary systems to ensure the timely and accurate exchange of eligibility and enrollment data.
- Lead the wellness program and activities and serves as a resource for site based wellness promotion activities.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a consistent compensation framework including administration of salary ranges, management of merit and promotion process, as well as the development of a defined competency model.
- Assist with benchmarking process which may include conducting compensation benchmarking, identifying surveys to support competitive analysis of compensation programs, and providing consultative support.
- Design and implement different structures that support a compensation strategy including grading system, job evaluation system, job descriptions, career ladders, etc. aligned with the corporate culture, values, and performance philosophy
- Conduct comprehensive analysis and market studies to evaluate the competitiveness of proposed new compensation programs. Work will include, developing benchmarking methodology, participating in industry compensation surveys, evaluating analysis results, recommending program changes, modeling cost impact, and presenting final recommendations to the members of the project integration team.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of compensation tools and techniques that help the rest of the HR team make appropriate pay decisions.
Data Analysis & Systems Management
- Compile and analyzes benefit and compensation data for operational reporting, forecasting, and planning. Reconcile insurance carrier bills on a monthly basis for processing by the Business Office. Responsible for ACA annual reporting requirements to include 1094 and 1095.
- Develop reporting and dashboard analytics to support business decisions and operational needs.
- Analyze detailed benefit-cost data to understand cost and utilization trends and provide timely insight into cost drivers as well as identify opportunities.
- Conduct analyses and modeling, access utilization trends, identify risks, develop projections, determine opportunities, and prepare summaries of findings.
- Lead collaboration with fellow HR team members as well as Payroll, Finance, and IT to ensure accurate, timely, and efficient processing of business transactions.
- Participate in projects related to system upgrades, enhancements, evaluations, and data integration.
- Document and maintain setup details for benefits system configurations.
- Participate in audit processes to ensure data accuracy and plan administration compliance. Identify information and system audit opportunities. Identify trends and escalate potential issues.
- Research and identify best practices and assist in designing, developing, reviewing, modifying, and costing specific benefits and compensation programs, projects, tools, plan provisions, and procedures.
- Develop, explain, and disseminate related communication and educational materials. Engage colleagues in group presentations/seminars on programs, policies, changes, or issues. Participate in measuring program effectiveness and service delivery efficiency.
- Review, update, and communicate existing benefits and compensation policies to determine continued fit with the organization and provide recommendations for updates to most effectively administer them.
- Serve as primary point-of-contact with benefits vendors and administration outsourcers regarding individual employee claims/cases; generate and coordinate the processing of human resources transactions and requests related to benefits administration; provide feedback and recommendations regarding the impact of benefit changes.
- Develop and follow established policies and practices to resolve questions and issues on employee claims. Responsible for annual notifications to benefit participants; quarterly notice to benefit eligible employees regarding Health Savings Account allocation election; end of year reimbursement notice; annual wellness reimbursement notice.
- Lead, manage, and/or patriate in project management resources to meet project objectives for benefit programs, automated enrollment modules, and related plan administration/information services. Identify information and system audit opportunities; manage audit process to ensure data accuracy and compliance.
- Develop project plans with major milestones and critical paths to facilitate project control, as needed. Responsible for meeting scope, deadline, and budget objectives. Reports project status to appropriate internal and external stakeholders to solicit administrative support for project success. Coordinate evaluation of project processes and outcomes, and participate in the design of corrective actions to maintain quality standards and increase the probability of successful initiatives.
- Manage vendors and service provider relationships to ensure the completion of assignments, resolution of outstanding claims, and administrative disputes.
- Bachelor's degree required in Human Resources Management, Business Management, Organizational Development, or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of related progressively responsible experience directly consulting on compensation and/or benefits-related work.
- Experience supporting equity and inclusion initiatives, organizing employee resource groups desired.
- Experience with job description development and analysis, compensation and classification, and employee training; knowledge of FLSA regulations.
- Negotiation, relationship building, influencing, coaching, conflict resolution, critical thinking, and problem analysis/resolution skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- HRIS, ATS, and ERP experience (ADP, Hirezon, and Jenzabar preferred).
- Experience with compensation and job description software (e.g., ERI).
- Excellent organization and time management skills, communication, interpersonal, and listening skills; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of and skill in interpreting and applying state and federal statutes and applicable rules and regulations related to the management of human resources.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain productive, collaborative relationships with a full range of internal and external colleagues and constituencies, including faculty, staff, students, and board members.
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple conflicting deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-motivating and able to work well independently as well as using a collaborative team approach.
- Ability to adhere to established timelines, processes, and procedures.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills and an ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Willingness to work flexible and extended schedule including weekends and evenings, when necessary.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and within FERPA guidelines; maintain integrity and confidentiality of payroll and human resources information.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, equity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards of conduct.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- All new employees must complete the FERPA, Anti-Harassment, and any other required online trainings within 15 days of employment.
- Must adhere to University COVID-19 testing, symptom tracking and all other COVID protocols established by the University.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
- If you operate a University owned, leased or personal vehicle at any time while performing your duties you must follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Operations Manual. You must have a valid driver's license and must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter. Additionally, you must report any driving offense, on or off company time, which causes a loss, suspension, or any other change in your license status. You must report this change within one business day of the offense. You can report this change to the Human Resource Department or your direct supervisor. Failure to do so can lead to disciplinary action, up to and including terminations.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures equity, respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Bay Path University is a smoke and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at HR@baypath.edu or call 413-565-1168.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/Y7DnDefJPlprsmkAf8Ne6
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency