This ad is expired.
About Dutchess Community College:
Located in the heart of New York's beautiful and historic mid-Hudson Valley, just 90 minutes north of New York City, Dutchess Community College (DCC) is one of 64 colleges within the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country.
DCC's strategic direction is guided by four lenses through which we view our work: Students. Learning. Community. Growth. We are committed to respecting individuality, embracing diversity, being "student-ready," and partnering with and serving our community inclusively. The College welcomes and seeks to grow a pool of prospective employees who share and are eager to support the institution's core values: Excellence. Collaboration. Engagement. Equity. Innovation.
The Associate Vice President of Human Resources Management (AVPHR) reports to the Vice President for Finance and Administration and is charged with the management of a comprehensive college-wide human resources program that enhances the working environment for all employees, including student workers. The position is instrumental in leading activities that advocate for, and support, employee satisfaction and morale to foster high performance and engagement.
The AVPHR provides executive leadership and oversight for Human Resources (HR) functions that support DCC and DCC Association employees. The position provides expert consultation, assistance and direct administrative oversight of HR functions in the areas of wage and salary administration, employee benefits and retiree services, talent acquisition and onboarding, personnel data and analysis, professional development, labor and employee relations, performance management, and personnel to payroll transactions.
The position partners with other executive leaders in developing and implementing institutional initiatives to further the College's core business of instruction and learning. The AVPHR participates in strategic and operational planning aimed at achieving SUNY, institutional, and departmental objectives. The incumbent is charged with upholding Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) values within the college community, ensuring equal opportunity and fair treatment, promoting positive labor relations, and overseeing ethical standards training and administration.
- Designs, develops, recommends, and implements strategies to support, improve and strengthen the Human Resources Management of the College.
- Establishes Human Resources department goals, activities, objectives and procedures, hires and supervises HR staff; aligns the staff competencies and talents, as well as the budget and activities of the department with institutional goals.
- Consults with all levels of faculty and staff to provide effective HR support, including interpretation and communication of policies and procedures.
- Advises senior administration in complying with labor laws and regulations as well as on policies, procedures and management issues related to their areas of responsibility as it pertains to human resources matters.
- Serves as the lead administrator for monitoring and executing various collective bargaining agreements; handling grievances, employee appeals related to working conditions and contract management; and administering the CSEA negotiated agreement as it applies to Dutchess Community College employees.
- Serves as liaison between the College and the Dutchess County Department of Human Resources.
- Provides supported recommendations for personnel policies to the President and the Board of
- Trustees, and develops and updates related procedures as required.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Ensures compliance with all civil service laws and protocols.
- Serves as chair of the College's two labor management committees.
- Interacts regularly with all levels of faculty and staff to establish an understanding of their roles and responsibilities, to determine their HR support needs, and to communicate HR's services.
- Manages all aspects of multiple employee benefit programs, including, but not limited to, retirement, health insurance, dental insurance, and long-term disability (LTD).
- Provides oversight of the management of the human resources department staff and annual budget
- Advises senior administration on trends and / or sensitive employee matters that may occur; partners with administration to develop and implement timely and appropriate solutions.
- Consults with supervisors and employees to manage complex and sensitive employee relations.
- Advises supervisors on work performance matters, including problem resolution, progressive discipline and annual performance appraisals and career development opportunities to assist with retention and organizational design.
- Oversees and tracks the performance appraisal program, ensuring appropriate and timely feedback and documentation.
- Consults with managers and supervisors to provide support for recruitment, interviewing and selection of candidates, promoting diversity as a criterion for candidate consideration.
- Ensures compliance with the SUNY Equal Employment Opportunity Program Plan and related personnel policies; complying with State Law and SUNY in the proper authorization and approval of all professional and SUNY titles.
- Serves as 504 compliance officer and records access officer.
- Maintains the official record and database of accurate employee personnel records both computerized and in hard copy.
- Maintains confidentiality in all dealings and with all records; serves as the College's compliance officer regarding HIPAA
- Participates in departmental, divisional, and institutional assessment activities as required;
- Acts as the EEO Officer of the College.
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the President or their designee.
- A master's degree in Human Resources Management or a related field.
- At least seven years of broad and progressive leadership experience in a human resource setting or equivalent function.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a staff of HR professionals and support staff.
- Strong oral and written communication, including ease in speaking before large and small groups and general presentation skills.
- Experience in a union setting as an HR professional.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively with all constituent groups, both internal and external.
- Direct experience with writing and maintaining personnel policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience with implementing federal, state and institutional human resources practices, laws and compliance regulations as well as regulatory familiarity and knowledge.
- Ability to lead employee outreach initiatives to design and implement strategies that impact recruitment, enrollment and retention of employees.
- Demonstrated commitment to service excellence, with a track record of creative problem solving, team building, process redesign and innovation.
- Direct experience participating in collective bargaining negotiations.
- Experience in a higher educational setting with progressively increasing responsibility preferred.
- At least seven years of supervisory experience with staff.
- Broad knowledge and experience in labor relations, employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training and professional development desired.
$130,000 - $145,000
Employment will require a criminal background screening.
Dutchess Community College is an AA/EOE employer. As part of the State University of New York (SUNY), in its continuing effort to seek equity in education and employment, and in support of federal and state anti-discrimination legislation, has adopted a policy to provide an educational and employment environment free from unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, or criminal conviction.
To apply, visit: sunydutchess.interviewexchange.com
Please submit an application, resume and cover letter.
To apply, visit https://sunydutchess.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp;jsessionid=C9FF582E6C2F4A4C093F883AA9B3DBF4?JOBID=166826
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency