Benefits Administrative Assistant
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locationsin Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahantare nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of on-campus and online formatslead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The Benefits Team is searching for Temporary Assistant to work on Leaves of Absence and ADA program support.
- Maintains and periodically audits accommodations electronic and hard copy files in accordance with federal, state, and local laws as well as Northeastern policies, ensuring that the information contained in such files and records is current and kept confidential to the extent required by law.
- Organizes and maintains the accommodations case database and other databases in a confidential manner.
- Monitors emails and phone calls for the ADA Program to ensure that accurate and timely communication occurs between the ADA Program and those we serve, and that the department is presented in a positive, professional manner.
- Performs clerical and administrative support tasks to assist the ADA Program Manager.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments and meetings.
- Assists ADA Program Manager with other duties as needed.
- Must have good judgment and interpersonal skills, as well as very strong written communication skills. Organizational skills and high motivation are very important.
- Provide additional support to Senior Benefits Specialist related to Leaves of Absences
- Bachelor's degree
- Professional experience is a must, with at least 1 year of experience in benefits coordination, administrative work, project coordination or similar responsibilities.
- Requires excellent problem-solving, analytical, administrative, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain strict compliance with handling of sensitive and confidential information.
- A high attention to detail is necessary along with strong editing and proofreading skills. Ability to interact with a variety of people at all levels of the organization coupled with a demonstrated customer service orientation.
- Must be self-directed, able to work as a team player, meet deadlines, develop practical solutions and display good judgment and maturity.
- Familiarity with LOA and ADA compliance is desired
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/504293
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency