This ad is expired.
Budget Analyst, Financial Services, Doheny Campus
Perform maintenance of the College's Budgets. Prepare complex statistical and financial analysis, projections, forecasts, and various financial reports in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Assist with implementation and post-production support of automated financial and administrative systems. Support the College's operating departments through workshops and documentation relating to budget and accounting policies and procedures.
Position Monthly Range: $5,416.67 - $6,250.00
Hiring salary can be above the posted pay range if candidate's qualifications are determined to be above the minimum requirements of the position description.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The candidate should have a working knowledge of GAAP accounting principles, non-profit fund accounting, and some experience with analyzing financial data and preparing summary reports
- Acts as a subject matter expert: preparing, managing and monitoring budgets with supervision, and developing projections that help maintain and promote fiscal integrity. This will require identifying key business drivers and understanding how they impact the university's operations
- Assists with preparing ad hoc reports including analyses for costs, processes, scenarios and sensitivities
- Assists with the development of fiscal procedures, policies, and strategies to control expenses. This will entail working with multiple stakeholders to make sure that current processes uphold internal controls.
- Maintains staff and faculty position control system. This includes managing active and vacant positions for the entire university, and updating the Position Control Report in Prophix
- Assists the Director of FP&A in researching net contribution margins by academic programs
- Assists department directors in identifying and researching expense variances in their departments
- Assists with preparing annual and quarterly reports and ad hoc reports for all levels of management as well as outside stakeholders
- Management of the University's budget and financial planning software: Prophix. This will involve learning how to transfer data from the university's database into Prophix, create customized finance and budget reports, train staff and faculty on how to use the software, and work directly with stakeholders on how to improve reports
- Assists with enrollment, tuition revenue, and financial aid forecast assumptions and models
- Assists with management of restricted gifts and federal/state grants. This will require working directly with the Senior Grants Accountant in developing and managing reports in the Prophix software
- Worksclosely with the auxiliary services team and help them plan and manage resources based on industry standards
- Assists with financial database development. This will entail working closely with IT and the Controller, and customizing reports that assist the Director of FP&A in financial analysis and planning
- Assists with analyzing and reporting on tuition and Room and Board prices of comparable and/or competitive institutions
- Assists the Director of FP&A in conducting annual Environmental Scan reports. This will involve researching recent trends in the PEST categories, and assist the Director of FP&A in reporting to key stakeholders on campus.
- Monitor the funding sources and implementation of the strategic plan
- Manages and monitor budget transfer requests in Prophix
- Assists with the development and implementation of the annual budget. Manage and monitor budget enhancement requests in Prophix. Prepare ad hoc reports for the CFO and budget committee. Check to ensure that budget enhancement requests are in support of the university's strategic plan
- Assists the Director of FP&A in improving the utilization of the chart of accounts
- Assists the Director of FP&A in reconciling end of year accounts and reports
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as back up for the Accounts Payable Associate
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and fund accounting concepts
- Knowledge of relational data base systems and concepts
- Knowledge of standard business processes including budgeting and forecasting, payables and disbursements, revenues and receipts, and assets and liabilities
- Knowledge of Higher Education industry and practices including student accounts, business services, and financial aid a plus.
- Knowledge of specialized industries including food service, conference centers, bookstore/retail, and construction are a plus
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to work with large amounts of data from various sources
- Organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks to meet established deadlines
- Able to overcome obstacles to success
- Must be analytical, detail oriented, and accurate
- Must be able to lead and guide others
- Must be able to communicate and work effectively with administrators and staff from all levels and who would have varying levels of knowledge
- Must be able to effectively present information in a clear and concise manner
- Highly proficient at Excel, Microsoft Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- Skilled at project management of information technology related implementations
- Requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Skilled at budgetary control and development methods
- Must be organized and a good planner
- Writing and documentation skills are critical
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or closely related field is preferred
- 2 + years' experience maintaining budgets and ledgers, preparing financial analysis, projections, forecasts, and various financial reports, and with systems implementations
Work Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown Los Angeles)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
Mount Saint Mary's University's commitment to equity, diversity and justice (EDJ) is steeped in the tradition and legacy of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet (CSJ), our Catholic identity, mission and values. We are unwavering in our pursuit of inclusion, belonging and antiracism. We aspire to achieve our love of dear neighbor without distinction, which permeates all forms of social identities and human experiences.
We honor and celebrate our similarities and differences. We are committed to the full inclusion of the entire Mount community. Due to historical legacies of exclusion, we offer particular care for underrepresented populations. We define diversity in the broadest sense, including but not limited to, age, differences in culture, citizenship status, disability, family status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, generational history, genetic information, geographic origin, language, political perspectives, mental and physical ability, military service, national origin, race and ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, size and socioeconomic class.
Welcoming individuals from a variety of backgrounds improves and enriches our learning, living and working environments. Any breach of these values harms our community. Mount Saint Mary's University transforms its culture through the radical pursuit of institutionalized change. We strive for a campus where students, staff, faculty, alumnae and all whom we encounter feel welcomed, valued and are supported to reach their full potential.
As we pursue our never-ending journey toward a more equitable, inclusive and antiracist campus in our richly diverse community, we welcome you.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The University will not assist applicants with any visa matters.
A background check will be required.
Employees may disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status with MSMU's Human Resources on a voluntary basis. Some MSMU clinical healthcare partners may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination to work at their facilities. If required, your academic division will inform you.
To apply, visit https://msmu.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=165965
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-41a73ff6df03f141ba0fa433768f147d