The Compensation Analyst conducts complex classification and compensation analyses and assists in related compensation activities for Stony Brook University Hospital. The selected candidate must be comfortable working independently, as well as part of a team based environment.
Duties of a Compensation Analyst may include the following but are not limited to:
- Responsible for administering University Hospital compensation programs. Evaluates and analyzes internal salary data, salary history and HRIS transactional data, external market salary data, etc from multiple sources for requests and guidance as needed.
- Researches, analyzes and recommends appropriate compensation levels for new positions and salary review requests.
- Proactively works with leaders to recommend solutions and alternatives to changing needs and growing demands.
- Reviews new position descriptions and changes to current position descriptions for appropriate classification, compliance and organizational soundness.
- Reviews compensation related activities such as requests for extra service, increase in job duties, reclassifications and promotional requests, all in accordance with Hospital guidelines.
- Understands and makes FLSA exemption determinations based upon Department of Labor Guidelines, job descriptions and relevant job data.
- Conducts compensation salary surveys and serves as key contact for survey administrators. Collects, analyzes and manages data/information from various sources.
- Provides guidance to department administrators on classification and compensation related issues and initiatives. Is conversant with NYS Civil Service Law as it relates to compensation issues as well as various collective bargaining agreements.
- Ad-hoc analyses, other duties or projects as needed and assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of Human Resources experience to include Compensation experience, complex data analysis and ability to report findings to varied audiences.
- Advanced Excel Skills including experience with pivot tables, vlookups, nested if statements, conditional data formatting, count and sumif statements, and other advanced features.
- Proficiency in the entire Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and oral. Must be able to communicate with clarity and brevity to large and varied audiences up to and including those at the executive level.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems (PeopleSoft preferred) and reporting tools.
- Experience utilizing an Applicant Tracking System.
- Experience working in unionized environments with varying employee classifications.
- Previous hospital experience.
- Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
- All Hospital positions maybe subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary.
- This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
- This function/position maybe designated as essential. This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
- Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services*
- Complete electronic reference check with a minimum of three (3) professional references.
- Successfully complete a 5 panel drug screen*
- Successfully complete a Background Check investigation.
- Provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s).
To apply, visit https://stonybrooku.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2101068&tz=GMT-07%3A00&tzname=America%2FLos_Angeles
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency