This ad is expired.
Rockhurst University invites applications to fill the position of Director, Human Resources. This position is accountable for the full range of Human Resource functions and activities that are extensive in scope, knowledge, and complexity. This professional position directs the activities and operations of the department, while also performing tactical responsibilities for an employee base of over 500 full- and part-time employees.
Rockhurst seeks candidates for this position who have proven success with human resource administration, including benefit and compensation/payroll administration, employee relations, performance management, recruiting, training, and compliance. The successful candidate will have the personal qualities that exemplify the University's Jesuit character, mission and commitment to excellence. An active approach to leadership by example and influence along with a collaborative, team-oriented and highly communicative personal style will be essential skills for this essential position. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the institutional strategic plan for the university.
- Responsible for activities related to all aspects of employee classification, compensation/payroll, recruitment, selection, performance management, training and development, HR compliance, employee relations, worker's compensation, and policy development.
- Responsible for the planning, implementation and administration of the university's various employee benefits programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, retirement, flexible cafeteria 125 plan, Family & Medical Leave Act, worker's compensation, and various other paid leave. Serves as liaison between the employees and third-party providers and vendors ensuring that the university's benefit package is administered successfully. Ensures cost-effectiveness, market-competitiveness, and consistency with the university's overall strategic plans and objectives.
- Explains department programs, policies and activities; negotiates and resolves sensitive and controversial issues.
- Advises university leadership regarding human resource issues and keeps leadership informed on issues related to staff and faculty. Serves as the senior HR advisor to provide critical support, coaching, and counseling to employees at all levels.
- Serves as subject matter expert for the university in the area of human resources.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local governmental regulations and internal policies. Represents the university to external stakeholders.
- Utilizes Human Resource Information System (HRIS) to the company's recordkeeping and management advantage.
- Oversees and manages the work of two full-time HR Generalists and one full-time Payroll Coordinator. Encourages and supports the ongoing development of the Human Resources staff.
Qualified candidates will have a bachelor's degree and at least 8 years' previous experience in human resources managing a population of at least 500 employees and 5 years' experience in a leadership role, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities for this position. Professional certification and/or a master's degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or university is preferred. Must have excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills, excellent interpersonal, coaching and conflict management skills, and demonstrated success leading and effectively developing Human Resources staff members. Ability to multi-task, work independently, and communicate with all levels of the organization is essential. Must have excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Previous experience in working with the Paycom payroll/HRIS system and/or Banner ERP is also a plus.
Applicants who would enhance the diversity of the University, such as individuals from historically underrepresented groups, are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references. Rockhurst is an Equal Opportunity Employer and uses E-Verify.
Please include the following in the application process: cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Rockhurst cannot accept any application materials (resumes, cover letters, etc.) by email, mail, or walk-in. All applications and application materials must be submitted through our online application system.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency