EdPlus HR Partner
Close Date: 06-September-2022
Salary Range: Depends on experience
EdPlus at ASU seeks a highly motivated, energetic, and articulate EdPlus HR Partner to join our high-performing team. This opportunity might be perfect for you if you are passionate about helping others, and love working in a fast-paced and supportive team environment.
This position provides human resources (HR) support with a high level of customer service, accuracy, and urgency. Duties include recruitment of highly skilled staff and student employees, support of existing staff and student employees, and compliance with HR policies and procedures. This role requires a high level of attention-to-detail, the ability to appropriately manage sensitive and confidential information, a warm and empathetic approach to interpersonal communication, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and innovative workplace.
EdPlus is a unit of the ASU Enterprise focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education. We advance the economic, social, cultural, and overall health of the local, national and international communities served by ASU.
EdPlus at ASU
ASU offers a total compensation package that includes valuable employee benefits. Click here to explore options.
- Financial Security
- Family Resources
- Tuition Reduction (Eligible ASU Employee, their dependents and spouse.)
EdPlus HR and Culture
- Supports EdPlus leaders, staff, and student employees with the highest level of confidentiality, professionalism, and customer service.
- Works closely with EdPlus leadership and the central university Office of Human Resources (OHR) to develop and implement all departmental human resources activities and to ensure adherence with EdPlus and ASU policies, practices, and procedures.
- Assists with the coordination and management of EdPlus talent acquisition and recruitment efforts and strategies.
- Works closely with the department HR leadership to assist in developing and supporting the culture of EdPlus including new hire onboarding.
- Maintains accurate EdPlus personnel records including compliance with ASU, state, and federal guidelines.
- Serves as a Department Time Administrator (DTA) and Time and Attendance Support (TAS) Administrator. Reconciles TAS to PeopleSoft and approves employee time in PeopleSoft.
- Participates in a variety of EdPlus and university-wide initiatives and meetings to represent EdPlus interests in human resources and to ensure an integrative/collaborative support of department and university interests.
- Coordinates EdPlus Leaves Management to ensure compliance and timely responses to leave requests based on OHR, state, and federal guidelines.
- Assumes or coordinates other duties or projects as assigned or directed.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Bachelors degree in Human Resources or Business Administration or related field AND four (4) years of professional human resources experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a Bachelors degree or higher in a relevant field.
- Experience working in human resources.
- Experience working within a higher education environment.
- Experience with ASU policies, procedures and systems including PeopleSoft and Kenexa BrassRing.
- Experience with talent recruitment strategies.
- Experience in work that requires attention-to-detail and follow-through.
- Evidence of problem-solving skills and cross-functional collaboration.
- Experience with high-level customer service.
- Experience planning, analyzing, and coordinating activities and establishing priorities.
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication.
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and short deadlines.
EdPlus at ASU is located at SkySong, the ASU Scottsdale Innovation Center. The center houses a diverse business community that links technology, research, education, and entrepreneurship to position ASU and Greater Phoenix as global leaders in the knowledge economy.
Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting or standing. Daily use of desktop or laptop computer is required. Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties. Regular review of completed tasks.
EdPlus at ASU supports flexible work options, ranging from alternate work schedules to hybrid remote work schedules, subject to approvals per ASU policy.
EdPlus defines itself through a culture of curiosity, risk-taking and refusing to accept the status quo. As a central enterprise unit for ASU focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education, our commitments support the university charter. ASU is a national service university and aspires to accelerate positive social outcomes through the seamless integration of cutting-edge technological innovation and scalability.EdPlus employees are valued, respected, and encouraged to be their unique selves. We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in everything we do. We know that our ability to deliver high-quality services and educational experiences is strengthened by the diversity of our employees. Our innovative culture drives outcomes through serving learners, achieving milestones, striving for excellence, solving problems, feeling a sense of urgency, and being bold.EdPlus at ASU
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASUs Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance - For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
How to Apply
To view the full description and to apply, please click this link: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=4611941
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency