Executive Assistant to the Vice Chancellor of HR
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Seattle, WA
The Executive Assistant is an exempt position at the district office of Seattle Colleges, and serves as an intermediary between the Vice Chancellor and the many departments and committees that require support and guidance from the Human Resources department. Additionally this position supports faculty professional development. The Executive Assistant provides confidential and comprehensive administrative support to the Vice Chancellor of Human Resources.
Seattle Colleges are committed to recruiting dedicated faculty and staff who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political status, and sexual orientation.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Essential Functions
- Assist with identifying HR needs and priorities.
- Using sound judgment, respond verbally and/or in writing to requests regarding HR policies, guidelines, and procedures to effectively & confidentially resolve such inquiries.
- Create and maintain HR documents and templates; provide materials and guidance to in-person and telephone inquiries.
- Manage the Vice Chancellor's calendar, including appointments, conferences, meetings, and retreats.
- Manage the course evaluation process for the district--both paper and online evaluations. Serve as primary contact and troubleshooter for faculty members needing assistance with the online evaluation process. Oversee a student employee hired to scan all paper evaluations. Maintain inventory of Scantron forms and fulfill orders received from campuses.
- Provide direct confidential and administrative support to the Vice Chancellor, including, but not limited to: written correspondence, recording minutes, transcriptions, editing, etc.; prepare correspondence to deans, faculty, and staff;
- Prepare and assist in the preparation, compilation, and coordination of reports regarding hiring, employee morale, diversity, and evaluations.
- Monitor and maintain budgets and expenditures; evaluate costs for expenditures; complete all travel related documents for the Vice Chancellor; approve eForms and timesheets in the Vice Chancellor's absence.
- Track requests for stipends and salary re-evaluations. Reconcile p-card statements, re-allocate expenses to proper budgets.
- Submit updates to the web team for the HR content on the Seattle Colleges web site.
- Manage the payment and re-allocation of costs for professional development classes.
- Facilitate, support and coordinate committee and district-wide communications.
- Coordinate weekly HR meetings, quarterly meetings with the union agreement management teams for AFT, AFT-SPS, and WFSE, as well as, quarterly meetings with the deans and VPIs.
- Post new positions, release applicants to committees, notify applicants who have not been selected for interview.
- Take initiative to troubleshoot and resolves concerns and/or complaints on behalf of the Vice Chancellor.
- Chair and participate on search committees, and serve as an Inclusion Advocate for searches to fill district office positions. Duties of an Inclusion Advocate include reviewing & editing job announcements, training search committee members, participating in all committee meetings, assisting with or creating criteria matrices, assisting with the selection of interview questions.
- Serve as Coordinator for the annual Combined Fund Drive.
- Coordinate the annual Service Awards Ceremony & Reception at the district office. Run reports in HR database to identify employees to be recognized (districtwide), consult with each president's office to verify lists, print out certificates and order lapel pins for each campus.
- Post job openings in specialized publications, as needed.
- Archive tenure notebooks and ensure that payroll office receives list of newly tenured faculty.
- Support the Faculty Development program by performing a variety of assignments such as preparing reports, correspondence, updating faculty development web content and files, establishing record keeping systems and database files, monitoring financial records and responding to inquiries.
- Event planning such as the Summer Institute for faculty.
- Work on special projects and perform related duties as assigned.
- Required Education, Experience & Abilities
- 3-5 years of administrative experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Familiarity with workplace structure and protocols in a higher education setting.
- Ability and passion for working within a diverse community.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and coordinate activities with complex components with minimum supervision.
- Verifiable ability to exercise a high degree of judgment when working in sensitive and highly confidential environments.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and proactively add value to a team.
- Proven experience working with technology and ability to adapt to new systems.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat.
- The following Benefits are provided with Exempt Staff (50% Temp to Full Time):Health Benefits:Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability insurance through the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB)Retirement Options:Supplemental Retirement Options:Popular Optional BenefitsHealth Savings Account (HSA) - available only with enrollment in a Consumer Directed Health Plan (CDHP)
AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sccd/jobs/2580347/executive-assistant-to-the-vice-chancellor-of-hr
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency