Purpose, Scope & Dimension of Job:
This position is accountable for:
- Ensuring that quality data is available to support the operations of the Human Resources office.
- Maintaining and improving the College's HRIS and payroll systems.
- Increasing the efficiency of the College's Human Resources office.
- Building data sets, running routine and ad hoc reports, and developing and maintaining key HR metrics and dashboard(s).
- Contributing, as part of the HR team, to the achievement of the HR mission, vision and goals, and the College's Strategic Plan; conducting oneself in accordance with the department's Key Performance Expectations; participating in team activities and assignments; assisting any member of the Human Resources team when the need arises or is observed, including in the absence of another; and handling project management responsibilities.
Although this position's design does not include formal supervisory responsibility, its role as a project manager and its role in leading productivity improvement requires the use of supervisory and leadership skills. Also, this position may supervise external consultants who conduct work for the College.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
2.Four (4) years of HR Generalist experience covering two or more areas of the Human Resources profession and two (2) years of experience developing and administering procedures.
3.Two (2) years of experience utilizing an HRIS/payroll relational database and software (may be concurrent with #2 above).
4.Project management experience.
5.Two (2) years (may be concurrent with #2 above) of research, accounting or financial analysis, with a demonstrated ability to efficiently organize and manage large amounts of complex information, including statistical analysis. Background must include strong analytical and documentation skills; attention to detail; experience assembling and presenting complex quantitative information in a format that communicates effectively to managers and non-technical personnel.
6.Advanced knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office excel, word, PowerPoint, and access.
7.Demonstrated work history of providing high quality, strong customer-oriented services including: problem-solving orientation; strong listening skills; coordination of work effort with others and teamwork; history of coordinated work effort with extensive follow-through and follow-up; experience identifying customer needs; conflict resolution; ability to put customer before self; and creation of user-friendly communications.
8.Demonstrated ability to succeed in a team-oriented environment. Ability and willingness to perform both professional and technical/administrative/clerical tasks.
9.Strong analytical, problem-solving, logic and research and documentation skills; work history of innovation and creativity; and application of automation and Human Resource Information Systems to HR business problems; experience and facility with process and system design and documentation.
10.Solid personal and interpersonal skills including high energy level; cheerful, positive disposition; strong verbal and written communication skills; strong work ethic; â€œcan do,â€ problem solving attitude; flexible and adaptable; able to work independently and in groups.
11.Ability to interact effectively with and communicate effectively with IT professionals.
12.Work history which demonstrates personal initiative in, and ownership of, assigned areas of responsibility as well as the proactive implementation of change.
13.Demonstrated ability to efficiently organize and manage large amounts of complex information; attention to detail; well organized.
14.Demonstrated project planning and management, time management, and priority setting skills. Ability to work successfully in a high stress environment, handling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. Demonstrated history of on-time delivery of projects; project coordination; and anticipation of issues.
15.Ability to speak clearly and communicate proficiently in English.
16.Ability to work successfully in an environment without detailed direction and in the absence of work process documentation.
17.Willingness and ability to work the hours necessary to meet the needs of our customers and achieve departmental goals, including work outside of the standard office hours and weekends.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
1. Graduate degree in business or public administration or related field.
2. Experience in the functional areas of labor relations, compensation and benefits, and job evaluation.
3. Extensive HR research experience in the design and implementation of policies and procedures, particularly to satisfy regulatory requirements.
4. Additional experience in the HR profession as a generalist or specialist.
5. Experience in a unionized environment.
6. Experience administering or managing an HRIS/payroll relational database and software.
7. Experience designing and conducting training.
8. Experience with relational databases.
9. Knowledge and experience with data marts or data warehouses.
10. Knowledge and experience with SQL or other similar query languages.
11. Knowledge and experience with VBScript.
12. Knowledgeable and experience with Extract, Translate, and Load processes.
As an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution, the College encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. The College does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran's status, age, disability unrelated to an individual's ability to perform adequately, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title IX Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Prahl College Center (PCC- 2030G), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0024.
Title II, ADA, Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Curtice-Mott Complex (CM-1024), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0373.
Section 504 Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Prahl College Center (PCC- 1130), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0191.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency