This ad is expired.
Prairie View A&M University
HR Compliance Officer II
HR Compliance Officer II
Prairie View A&M University
HR | Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity
Proposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, Texas
This position may pay more than the minimum proposed salary listed above, depending on experience and/or qualifications of the selected candidate.
Monitors, develops, executes, and facilitates compliance program with federal, state, and Texas A&M University System (TAMUS) regulatory and governing standards, including but not limited to laws, regulations, statutes, codes, policies, procedures, and University rules and directives.
- Develops, establishes, and maintains an effective and broad-based compliance program based upon ethical conduct and a commitment to compliance with all applicable laws, policies, rules, and procedures. Monitors compliance with federal, state, and TAMUS regulatory standards, including, but not limited to, laws, statutes, codes, policies, procedures, rules, and directives.
- Conducts and oversees internal department audits and reviews of department processes. Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability, and in collaboration, with department leadership develops a plan of action to bring any non-compliant areas into compliance. Coordinates responses to violations of policies, procedures, or other regulatory standards by recommending and participating in review procedures. Coordinates internal and/or external audits, including providing requested information, coordinating responses, planning and coordinating pre-audits and follow-up audits.
- Investigates civil rights discrimination complaints, employee relations complaints, appeals, inquiries and other internal or external human resources related complaints. Maintains a thorough and well-documented investigative process by gathering and documenting evidentiary material; and notes of the investigator process. Develops professionally written, comprehensive, unbiased written reports that include a summary of facts and findings. Maintains the confidentiality and integrity of the investigation process.
- Assists in maintenance of the databases used to track complaints, ADA and workplace accommodations. Assists with data collection and compilation for the annual affirmative action compliance report and external agencies audit preparation. Assist with compiling Title VII, Title IX internal and external federal and state compliance reports. Responds to ADA & Workplace Accommodations requests. Conducts Equal Opportunity & Diversity awareness and HR compliance training.
- Provides consultation, guidance, and advice to supervisors, managers, and other administrators on all employee relations matters including involuntary terminations and reduction in force requests. Coordinates involuntary terminations, disciplinary actions, and other confidential employee actions. Reviews request and documentation to ensure policies and rules/regulations have been followed and coordinate the approval process with the Office of General Counsel.
- Participates in department and university initiatives and special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field.
- Five years of related experience in compliance programs and/or investigations.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Ability to evaluate and manage highly sensitive and confidential situations.
- Ability to evaluate and manage highly sensitive and confidential situation.
- Ability to multitask and work collaboratively and professionally across multiple constituencies to resolve complaints in a neutral sensitive manner; Superb written and oral communication skills including skilled in writing concise, logical and analytical reports to convey complex issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master's degree.
- Experience with Title VII or Title IX requirements and compliance.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to conduct thorough and efficient investigations. Excellent judgment with the ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential information. Strong skills in conflict resolution, problem solving, interviewing and investigation.
- Superb written and oral communication skills, including skill in writing concise, logical and analytical reports to convey complex issues.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, including the demonstrated ability to analyze information, evaluate results, and facilitate resolution of difficult challenges while maintaining strict confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Ability to produce high quality work products with attention to detail. Excellent interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to listen well and demonstrate sensitivity to and respect for individual needs. Ability to maintain neutrality and work under stress.
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally across multiple constituencies to resolve complaints in a neutral, sensitive manner. Working knowledge of nondiscrimination laws and compliance regulations including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the (ADEA).
Job Posting Close Date:
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either "Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter" on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the "Resume/CV" or Resume/Cover Letter" attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
Application Submission Guidelines:
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above "Required Attachments" section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you need assistance with the online application process.
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-TX/HR-Compliance-Officer-II_R-061243?workerSubType=0e1cd8ed3502012ddf607157e74b7d04&workerSubType=0e1cd8ed35020103f9b47257e74b7f04&workerSubType=0e1cd8ed350201da3af87057e74b7c04&workerSubType=0e1cd8ed35020108df607157e74b7e04
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, masters degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of "the first class" in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a "University of the first class" begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-377318b78f83ae41b0a61d2113e79935