HR Consultant - Disability Services
1463-NN_ADMINPRO - Human Resource Consultant 1
HR Consultant - Disability Services
WSU PULLMAN CAMPUS
Administrative Professional - Not OT Eligible
Summary of Duties:
Serve as a skilled Human Resource Consultant performing professional duties. Responsible for leading the day to day operations of the Disability Services unit and providing administrative direction and counsel to management and employees on Human Resource issues. Plans and carries out work independently and with minimum supervision, utilizing knowledge of laws, policies and regulations. Responsible for prioritizing and managing issues within designated area of responsibility. This position performs duties related to HRS Disability Services programs to include reasonable accommodation, medical leaves, workers' compensation, shared leave, long term disability claims, mandatory drug and alcohol testing, volunteer reporting, interpretation and application of laws, rules, policies and procedures, program or policy development, and appeals.
The position requires frequent contact with employees, management, department administrators, and external entities. The incumbent is responsible for prioritizing and managing issues within designated areas of responsibility independently and with minimum supervision, utilizing knowledge of laws, policies and regulations.
Depending on your level of experience, you may begin as a Human Resource Consultant 1 (HRC1), Human Resource Consultant 2 (HRC2), or Human Resource Consultant 3 (HRC3).
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or related area and three (3) years of professional experience in human resource functions in a formal human resource setting. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or related area and four (4) years of professional experience in human resource functions in a formal human resource setting. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or related area and five (5) years of professional experience in human resource functions in a formal human resource setting. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Required For All Applicants:
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and applying laws, rules, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with large groups and individuals at all work levels.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and desire to promote diversity.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers and software applications.
- A record showing commitment to customer service and the application of appropriate flexibility in response to issues and opposing points of view is required.
- Experience in any of the following areas: reasonable accommodation, workers' compensation, Family Medical Leave Act and other medical leave programs.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully prepare and present policy interpretations and investigation findings and conclusions.
- Experience interpreting or applying labor laws, collective bargaining agreements, and contracts.
- Professional certification from a recognized human resource/personnel association.
- Human Resource experience in a higher education setting.
To support WSU's ability to attract talent in a competitive job market, this recruitment has been approved for a hiring incentive payment of up to $5,000. More information regarding the hiring incentive payment program can be located on the HRS website: Hiring Incentive - Human Resource Services, Washington State University (wsu.edu)
Area/College: Presidential Units
Department Name: Human Resource Services- Disability Services
City, State, Zip: Pullman, WA 99163/ Remote-hybrid options available
Department Link: hrs.wsu.edu/disability-services
Monthly Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Posting Close Date: Screening for this position will begin Thursday, December 1, 2022 and will remain ongoing until the vacancy has been filled.
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check.
Application Instructions: Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume 2) a cover letter and 3) contact information for professional references. Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements
2. Cover Letter
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.
To apply, visit https://wsu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WSU_Jobs/job/Pullman-WA/HR-Consultant---Disability-Services_R-8031
Washington State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Educator and Employer.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency