- Human Resources Administrative Support
- Go to our website »
Human Resources Administrative Support
Southwestern Community College District
Work Site: 900 Otay Lakes Road, Chula Vista, CA 91910
Department: Human Resources
Incumbents in District positions are expected to exhibit an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, and employees, including those with physical or learning disabilities, and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
Under general direction of the assigned Director of Human Resources, perform a wide variety of difficult, specialized, and confidential administrative support and secretarial duties in support of the Human Resources Division; perform duties related to the implementation of and compliance with District collective bargaining contracts, policies, and procedures as well as rules, regulations, laws, and California Education Code related to District employment; and research and compile complex and sensitive data.
This is a confidential classification. As such, incumbents perform duties that involve gathering or reviewing information or data concerning employee grievances or discipline matters, or data relating to or containing information about employer bargaining positions, negotiation strategies, or proposals.
- Research, interpret, apply, and explain information related to the administration of and compliance with District collective bargaining contracts, Human Resources rules and regulations, and related laws and Education Code; research and respond to requests, questions, and complaints requiring interpretation of rules, policies, and procedures from employees, supervisors, managers, legal counsel, and others.
- Provide confidential administrative support to the Human Resources Division; draft, compose, edit, and prepare a variety of correspondence, agreements, contracts, and other documents related to a wide variety of employee matters including discipline, lay-offs, and extended leaves; prepare presentations utilizing various presentation software and technology; prepare and distribute meeting agendas; take meeting minutes and transcribes for distribution.
- Participate in a variety of Human Resources Division functions and activities; process and track statutory leaves and status; assist with recruitment processes; assist in scheduling interviews and making room reservations; assist in processing new employees including scheduling pre-employment physicals, social security e-verify, live scans, and reporting new employee information.
- Maintain and update the administrator's calendar; schedule and coordinate meetings, arbitrations, mediations, and other appointments.
- Make and confirm travel arrangements and reservations for the Human Resources Division; complete request forms, authorizations, and reimbursements; verify availability of funds for travel expenses; prepare itineraries and schedules.
- Greet visitors; answer and screen telephone calls; provide information regarding job vacancies, applications and hiring process in person or over the telephone to staff and general public; sort and prioritize mail and correspondence for administrator's personal reply or signature.
- Prepare and process purchase orders; assist in monitoring budget expenditures and maintaining expenditure records.
- Respond to the immediate needs of administrators and other staff members as appropriate.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Knowledge and Abilities:
MUST HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations including applicable sections of the State Education Code and other requirements related to human resources.
- Principles and techniques used in customer and public relations including methods and techniques of proper receptionist and telephone etiquette.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and HRIS management systems.
- Principles, practices, and procedures of fiscal, statistical, and administrative research and report preparation.
- Basic mathematical concepts.
- English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Principles of business letter writing.
MUST HAVE ABILITY TO:
- Provide a variety of specialized confidential administrative support requiring a broad knowledge of the human resources program area and related services and activities.
- Perform a variety of difficult and complex administrative support duties on behalf of the human resources function involving independent judgment in the interpretation, application, or modification of existing procedures.
- Operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Demonstrate sound judgment in the application and interpretation of existing methods and procedures and in recognizing scope of authority.
- Exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality in maintaining critical and sensitive information, records, and reports.
- Research, compile, and interpret data and information.
- Independently prepare correspondence and memoranda.
- Work independently and effectively in the absence of supervision.
- Respond tactfully, clearly, concisely, and courteously to requests, inquiries, concerns, and needs from students, staff, other agencies, or the public.
- Use correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Work under steady pressure with frequent interruptions and a high degree of public contact by phone or in person.
- Work with and exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse racial, ethnic, disabled, sexual orientation, and cultural populations of community college students.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: Two (2) years of college-level course work in business administration, human resources, or a related field.ANDFour (4) years of increasingly responsible administrative support experience.
Minimum Qualifications: (Faculty and Academic Administrator Positions Only)
- Experience in Human Resources within a community college or a comparable educational setting.
- Knowledge of applicable sections of government regulations, relative laws, and California Education Codes.
- Knowledge of Community College organization, operations, policies, terminology, rules, collective bargaining contracts, programs, and objectives.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with strong business writing skills.
Range 9, Steps 1-9, $4,906.00-$6,974.00 (salary placement is based on background, education & experience). An excellent benefits package which includes medical, vision, dental, retirement, vacation, generous sick leave package, and life insurance is available for the employee and eligible dependents.
As soon as the successful candidate is identified and following the subsequent governing board approval.
All application materials must be received on-line at https://jobs.swccd.edu. Position is open until filled. Applications received by the first screening deadline of 11:59 p.m. on Friday, March 31, 2023 are guaranteed to be reviewed by the selection committee. Any application received after the deadline is not guaranteed a review.
Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (Approximately). Work schedule may be adjusted to meet the needs of the office.Successful candidate may be assigned to any of the campus sites (Chula Vista, National City, Otay Mesa, and/or San Ysidro).
We regret we are unable to accept faxed, e-mailed, mailed, or hand delivered application materials. Only complete application materials submitted through SWC online system will be accepted. To complete and submit your application for this position, please visit our online employment website at https://jobs.swccd.edu. All required information must be submitted online before the review date and time indicated on the job posting.
A confirmation number will be assigned if your application packet has been successfully submitted. Assistance with the online application process is available through the Human Resources Office at 900 Otay Lakes Road, Chula Vista, CA 91910; telephone: (619) 482-6395 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all application materials are received by the review deadline date. A separate, complete application packet is required for each position for which you are applying for. All materials included in your application packet become District property, will not be returned, will not be copied, and will be considered for this opening only.
Candidates selected for employment with Southwestern Community College District must be fingerprinted by an electronic fingerprinting service (i.e. LiveScan) within 10 days of employment; provide clearance of tuberculosis (dated within the past 4 years and renewed every four years as a condition of continued employment) within 60 days of employment; provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
In addition to the above, for Faculty/Administrator positions (only), successful candidate must submit official (sealed) college transcripts confirming date degree conferred and/or a valid CA Community College Credential.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided to candidates with verified disabilities. Accommodation requests should be made at the time the interview appointment is scheduled.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Southwestern Community College District will make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
The Southwestern Community College District shall not discriminate against any person in employment or in any program affiliated with the District on the basis of age, ancestry, color, ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, race, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
Notice of Availability of the Annual Security Report - Southwestern College is committed to assisting all members of the community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report is available on the SWCPD website at https://www.swccd.edu/student-support/safety-and-security/jeanne-clery-act/.
If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Annual Security Report, which contains this information, you can stop by the SWC College Police Department or you can request that a copy be mailed to you by calling (619) 482-6390.
The report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention; public safety authority; crime reporting policies; programs to prevent dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking; the procedures the College will follow when one of these crimes is reported; and other matters of importance related to security on campus. The report also contains information about crime statistics for the three most recent calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the College or a recognized student organization; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
This information is required by law and is provided by the SWC College Police Department.
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Plan (DAAPP) - More information about the DAAPP, including the Drug Free Environment and Drug Prevention Program Policy and Procedure and Biennial report can be found in the Health and Safety Section of the campus Consumer Information page ( http://www.swccd.edu/index.aspx?page=1084)
To apply, visit: https://jobs.swccd.edu/postings/4183
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency