This ad is expired.
Human Resources Client Services Partner, Department of Human Resources Georgetown University
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Human Resources Client Services Partner, Department of Human Resources - Georgetown University
The HR Client Service Partner (CSP) serves as a key point of contact for employees and managers of the University campuses (Main Campus, Medical Center, Law Center and University Services), and contributes to the execution and delivery of effective HR strategies, services and programs to the campuses. Through collaboration and relationship building, the CSP partners with PFM and works to identify critical issues and/or gaps, and proposes and implements changes designed to support the goals of the department. Reporting to the University Director of HR, Organizational Development, the CSP has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Serve as a front line resource for client areas to assist with navigating the broad range of human resources areas, including employment, staffing, compensation, employee relations, performance management, organizational development and employment law.
- Work collaboratively with management to retain and develop a competitive workforce by promoting strong employee relations and effective management of human resources.
- Collaborate with campus and department leaders to achieve the strategic goals of the department, campus and/or University.
- Identify critical issues and/or gaps, and propose and implement changes to department heads and leadership.
- Serve as an expert consultant to department leaders on a wide variety of HR issues, and consistently engage the appropriate HR subject matter.
- Provide HR policy interpretation
- Set and manage client expectations and activity, including identifying and developing additional service opportunities and coordinating delivery of HR services.
- Develop and provide customized information exchanges, trainings and knowledge transfer sessions to meet the needs of clients on HR issues, policies, and practices.
- Partner with departments and the broader HR to identify opportunities to enhance the overall employee experience.
The HR Client Services Partner is a member of the University HR Client Services team, which is a part of the Department of Human Resources. Other HR teams include Employee Relations & Engagement, Employment Services, Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits, Faculty and Staff Assistance Program, Hoya Kids Learning Center, and Compensation and Classification. The CSP works cooperatively and collaboratively with Planning and Facilities Management leadership and staff, additional HR staff and other departments as needed to ensure that HR process and actions proceed efficiently and timely.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in HR, at least 3 as a Generalist and/or HR Partner
- A solid understanding of employment law, staffing, compensation, employee relations, labor relations, organizational development, and training
- Ability to understand the planning and facilities management, learn the organization's strategy, and work with staff and managers at all levels and achieve results
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Master's degree
- HR professional certification SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP
- Experience working in a higher education environment
- Experience working in a union environment
- Multilingual skills
Work Mode: Hybrid 3 Days. Please note that work mode designations are regularly reviewed in order to meet the evolving needs of the University. Such review may necessitate a change to a position's mode of work designation. Complete details about Georgetown University's mode of work designations for staff and AAP positions can be found on the Department of Human Resources website: https://hr.georgetown.edu/mode-of-work-designation.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, retirement savings, tuition assistance, work-life balance benefits, employee discounts and an array of voluntary insurance options. You can learn more about benefits and eligibility on the Department of Human Resources website.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements:
The Georgetown University community is committed to our public health approach and the important role that vaccines play in contributing to the safety of our University and our broader communities. Georgetown University requires students, faculty, staff and visitors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to have received a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot when eligible, or to have an approved medical or religious exemption. This requirement applies to all faculty and staff, including teleworking employees. Complete details and updates can be found in the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/2115-Wisconsin-Ave-6th-Floor/Human-Resources-Client-Services-Partner--Department-of-Human-Resources---Georgetown-University_JR11658
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency