About Dutchess Community College:
Located in the heart of New York's beautiful and historic mid-Hudson Valley, just 90 minutes north of New York City, Dutchess Community College (DCC) is one of 64 colleges within the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country.
DCC's strategic direction is guided by four lenses through which we view our work: Students. Learning. Community. Growth. We are committed to respecting individuality, embracing diversity, being "student-ready," partnering with and serving our community inclusively. The College welcomes and seeks to grow pools of prospective employees who share and are anxious to support the institution's core values: Excellence. Collaboration. Engagement. Equity. Innovation.
This position is a professional administrative position in the Office of Human Resources Management at Dutchess Community College. The Human Rresources coordinator supports the functional needs of the department and has diverse responsibilities. Reporting to the AVP of HR,, this position will provide HR customer service and support in a wide range of areas to facilitate the smooth and effective delivery of HR services for the entire institution and affiliated offices. The human resources coordinator addresses routine inquiries related to employment, compensation, benefits, and employee relations. The position primarily supports faculty and professional staff HR functions while providing some back up to other areas as needed. The Coordinator assists other members of the HR team with a wide variety of reports, outreach, recruitment, and special projects requiring a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, problem solving, and data analysis. The position also handles the college's professional staff retiree benefits program, COBRA, credit free employment and is the department Banner maintenance expert. The Human Resources Coordinator is a key member within the HR department. Successful performance results in enabling the entire HR team to drive the organizational goals of attracting and retaining a great and diverse talent pool and improved student outcomes. The position requires a proactive individual with excellent interpersonal skills and knowledge of Federal and State labor laws.
- Respond to and assist employees and external constituents with HR related questions and employee requests.
- Liaise with other departments or functions (Payroll Services, Business Office, Academic Affairs etc.).
- Maintain confidentiality and security of employee and departmental records, files, and information including personal data, employee privacy, and matters relating to employee discipline.
- Support the recruitment / hiring process by coordinating and conducting orientation of new hires, generating Board resolutions, and issue employment contracts etc.
- Enter and maintain all employee information in the College's database for the professional service and credit free faculty and staff.
- Enter and maintain all benefits and retirement information for professional service and credit free faculty and staff.
- Act as a liaison between employees and insurance providers and vendors.
- Assist the Director in labor relations and negotiation matters such as data preparation, Labor Management meeting agendas, agreement language development, and contract proposals.
- Support other HR department staff in carrying out various human resource programs and procedures for all employees;
- Attend all HR staff meetings.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity and employee census information.
- Assist in the development and implementation of diversity and inclusion initiatives and events.
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects, like collection of employee feedback, audits, mailings, and surveys.
- Assist with providing and organizing research for policies, strategic planning, labor relations, training, and other human resources issues.
- Serve as back-up for adjunct hiring processing.
- Participate in departmental, divisional, and institutional assessment activities.
- Perform other duties and support other functions as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Federal and State labor laws as well as human resources processes and best practices
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong math skills
- Ability to work within deadlines and to manage competing priorities in a positive manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with a diverse population
- Professional and welcoming customer service skills with the ability to tolerate interruptions
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline required
- Two or more years of human resource experience required. Experience in a Higher Education Human Resources setting is preferred.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher required.
- Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems.
Class: Management Confidential
The target date for applications is: December 1, 2023
The anticpated start date is: January 1, 2024.
All applicants are subject to a background check to include criminal, employment, and education.
Visit sunydutchess.interviewexchange.com to submit an application, resume and cover letter.
For additional information, nominations or confidential inquiries, contact: Adam Rathbun, Vice President for Finance and Administration
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency