This ad is expired.
Salary Depends on Qualifications
Location Main Campus (BG), OH
Job Type Full-Time
Job Number BGSU00174
Division President's Office
Department Human Resources
Opening Date 08/11/2023
Closing Date Continuous
Pay Grade 354
The Human Resources Coordinator/Assistant to the CHRO is responsible for providing high-level support and coordination to the daily Human Resource Operations. The responsibilities include general office management, HR budget, policy and procedure administration & compliance, maintain employee records, new employee orientation, benefits, training & development, HR communications, etc. This position also provides confidential executive administrative support to the CHRO.
- Proactively analyze, make recommendations, and resolve office administrative and procedural challenges. Respond to and resolve routine and non-routine and/or escalated inquiries/issues related to the Human Resources department. Collaborate within Human Resources to ensure consistency in services and address specific problems or issues. Explain university and human resources policy, procedures, laws, regulations and collective bargaining agreements to departments, employees, and applicants. Work with subject matter experts and respond back to customers with resolutions to complex inquiries.
- Responsible for high-level administrative support for the CHRO to include preparing for and scheduling meetings with discretion and resourcefulness (both locations and participants), preparation of correspondence and reports and, as directed, coordination of CHRO initiatives and special assignments/projects. Researches and gathers information to develop recommendations or directives originating from the CHRO. Handle sensitive issues that require confidentiality. Prepares preliminary responses to correspondence for CHRO's approval. Receives and arranges calls and appointments and provides requested information where possible utilizing independent judgement, knowledge, and interpretation capabilities.
- Responsible for the general office management, which includes answering phones, scheduling meetings, ordering supplies, distributing mail, and performing other office management tasks. Organize and maintains office files and personnel records and follows up on pending matters to provide timely and accurate information as needed.
- Serves as the communication liaison with Marketing & Brand Strategy and other University Departments and Offices. Responsible for proofing, designing, and distributing general HR communications. Maintains and updates HR website. Sends out all mass communications materials for the department, etc.
- Provides administrative and operational support and coordinate initiatives in the following areas: recruitment, benefits, compensation, employee relations, training & development, and other critical HR functions. Assist with daily tasks as needed such as data entry, running reports, printing and preparing materials for events such as new employee orientations, BGLA, open enrollment, etc. Coordinate office events.
- Manage and oversees the HR budget operations, including the operational, personnel and project budgets. Process invoices and reconcile monthly expenses. Prepare check request and travel expense reimbursements. Assist department with expenditure control and fiscal accountability. Gathers information for annual budget, produces monthly variance reports, keeps CHRO informed on budget status to provide critical operational information.
- Other miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned, as needed.
The following Degree is required:
- Associate's Degree. Degree must be conferred at time of application.
The following Degree is preferred:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Major in Human Resources, Business or related field
The following Experience is required:
- 2 years of experience in an administrative operations position
The following Experience is preferred:
- Human Resources experience
- Experience managing operational budgets
- Higher education experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent Communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to work with diverse groups of individuals
- Extensive knowledge of human resource information systems
- Records management skills
- Project management skills
- Proficient in desktop office computing software including word processing, database and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to analyze and resolve issues
- Ability to read and understand legal documents such as Ohio Revised Code
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, flexible work options, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘August 25, 2023'.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer . We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421 or email email@example.com.
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/bgsu/jobs/4161679/human-resources-coordinator-assistant-to-chro?keywords=Human%20Res&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency