Human Resources Generalist
Requisition ID: 2020-7007
Position Type: Full-Time
Schedule Shift: Days
Hours Per Week: 38
Category: Administrative/Office Support
The Human Resources Generalist performs a variety of responsible and complex technical and administrative duties relating to personnel functions and programs including in the areas of employment recruitment, payroll, benefits administration, and liability claims; provides information and assistance to employees regarding human resources activities, processes, policies, and procedures; prepares various correspondence and memoranda; and performs a variety of tasks requiring specialized knowledge related to human resources projects.
- Work with payroll headquarters to review and process biweekly payroll for TUC; notify payroll headquarters of employment workload and salary changes, promotions, changes in job title or separations; for employee separations, determine last day of work and vacation payout.
- Process, audit and submit benefits invoices for payment, to include medical, dental and vision.
- Audit leave banks, explain calculations to employees with leave-related questions; correct as needed.
- Research, compile and analyze data for special projects, reports, and reviews.
- As back up to Assistant Director of HR Operations , works with TCUS HR team to test, implement and train on all Banner changes; addresses Banner issues.
- Works with staff to create, process and apply EPAFs for all employment changes.
- Works with staff to create and process FLAC for adjunct pay.
- Performs all aspects of recruitment for faculty and staff; posts vacancy announcements, coordinates with hiring managers, sends background and reference check requests
- Manages workers compensation and FMLA tracking
- Process termination paperwork; prepare separation checklist and exit packets, and print final paychecks.
- Sort and distribute paychecks; audit payroll register for discrepancies. Make corrections as needed.
- Audit, calculate and enter overtime into Banner. Ensure that it has been paid out properly. Correct when there has been a mistake on payroll.
- Update and maintain tracking spreadsheets for all faculty appointments and renewals contracts, as well as Personnel Appointment Forms, as needed.
- Manages and performs the complete onboarding process for adjuncts and part time staff.
- Conducts benefits overviews for interviewees as needed.
- Manages invoices, prepares and submits purchase order requisitions, check requests, and budget modifications; works to find available budget from other departments or accounts when there is none available in a needed account.
- Prepare employment verification requests , respond to EDD and Income Withholding Statements.
- Performs a variety of general office support duties to include filing physical and electronic files, making copies, processing mail, ordering office supplies, processing travel requests and expense forms for the HR department.
- Provides customer service, both in-person, by telephone and email; answers questions from employees regarding human resources issues, responds to employment verification requests, and other requests for information.
- Coordinates catering, room and IT set up for all HR related trainings.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Maintain professional conduct and appearance
- Have a general understanding of HR administration and business operations
- Demonstrated attention to detail and follow through
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; verbally and in writing
- Comfort with public speaking situations
- Uses high level of judgment and able to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handles sensitive communications with employees
- Ability to work as part of team
- At least 2 years of related experience
- Bachelors degree from accredited college
- PHR certification preferred
- Considerable knowledge of general office practices and procedures
Strong Computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook); knowledge of Banner and PeopleAdmin is a plus
To apply, visit https://tuccareers-touro.icims.com/jobs/7007/login
Touro College and University System provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and is committed to ensuring a productive and non-discriminatory work environment in compliance with the Higher Education Act and Amendments, the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), the New York State Education Law, New York Human Rights Law and other applicable laws. It is the policy of the Touro College and University System to prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency