Community College of Philadelphia
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the HR Generalist assists the department in the administration of human resources policies and procedures. The HR Generalist provides operational support to the Human Resources Department by performing a variety of tasks in areas of talent acquisition, onboarding, new employee orientation, employee relations, compensation, performance management, and training program support. This position collects and maintains HR data related to compensation, training, recruitment, etc. to help make recommendations for improvement; processes background checks and new hire paperwork for the Talent Acquisition area according to established procedures. Other responsibilities include processing requests for temporary workers, and assisting and screening job applicants.
- Assist the department in the administration of human resources policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the onboarding process for new hires; including facilitation of new employee orientation, preparation of offer letters and employment contracts, assembling hiring packets, completion of new hire paperwork, collection of onboarding survey feedback, etc.
- Coordinate the background screening process for new and current employees to ensure required background checks and clearances are performed in compliance with College policies and applicable state/local regulations.
- Assist with the annual contract renewal process and performance management program.
- Provide support for various HR initiatives; including assisting with the implementation and maintenance of related systems.
- Provide coordination of internal requests for contingent staffing; serve as the liaison between hiring managers and agencies to fill requests for temporary staffing, while maintaining compliance with applicable terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Assist recruiters in sourcing qualified applicants for difficult-to-fill positions.
- Deployment of surveys related to talent acquisition services, new employee orientation, and employee onboarding.
- Assist with the coordination and preparation for job fairs and on-campus recruitment events; attend job fairs with recruiters, as needed.
- Assist in compiling data and reports related to job postings, recruitment and hiring activities; survey responses, etc.; and provide recommendations to increase process efficiencies and outcomes.
- Assist in the coordination of processes related to the College's annual performance review process.
- Respond to general HR inquiries received via phone, walk in and through the department's designated email inbox in a timely manner; forwarding to the appropriate area as needed.
- Assist the Director with employee relations investigations.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Assist with the marketing and communications of HR programs and events.
- Assist with special projects, as assigned.
- Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a Human Resources function.
- Experience using a human resource information system (HRIS) required; preferably Ellucian Banner.
- Strong process orientation and attention to accuracy required.
- Strong sense of customer service, excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team required.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems/needs/issues, assess their impact and make recommendations.
- Ability to multitask and to be a self-starter.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
- Previous experience in the areas of talent acquisition and employee relations.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, including knowledge of EEO.
- Previous HR experience within higher education.
- Previous HR experience in a unionized work environment.
- Previous experience using an applicant tracking system.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the "Apply" button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/4eLBG4IZE2GKUWPaHZEQ4
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency