We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual to work full-time in our Hoffman Estates office to assist the Human Resources function on various initiatives, with a primary focus on benefits administration, employee engagement, recruitment and compliance. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to be a key player on the HR team of a growing company!
This position is an onsite position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision from the Human Resources Director, the HR Generalist will support all facets of human resources. A steward of our culture, this position will provide knowledgeable and professional guidance, administer HR functions such as benefits, performance management, training and development, maintenance of employment records, recruitment; onboarding; data collection and analysis of HR metrics. The HR Generalist will manage the administration of human resources policies, procedures and programs, and employment regulatory requirements. This position requires a deep knowledge of human resources functions throughout the employee life cycle as well as a familiarity with labor laws.
- Assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies and provide guidance and interpretation for business operations.
- Responsible for benefits administration to include change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and creating communication strategies of benefit information and wellness initiatives to employees.
- Ensure compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
- Act as subject matter expert on compliance and employment laws and regulations
- Support full cycle recruitment and onboarding process
- Provide a dedicated and effective HR advisory service to employees.
- Maintains employee recognition programs.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Partner with management and leadership team in workforce planning, employee engagement, career development, performance management and policy interpretation and implementation.
- Participate in employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
- Maintains HRIS records and compiles reports from database.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Assists with the execution of the talent review and performance evaluation program
- Under minimal supervision, provide best in class human resources support to the workforce.
- Ability to work autonomously in ambiguous situations and adapt quickly to change, as well as guide varying levels of the organization through change.
- Oversee HR events and meetings and coordinate and facilitate employee communications.
- Conduct Human Resource data entry, documentation handling, and reporting of data using data analytics.
- Active member on the Employee Steering Committee.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, prioritization and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with a high degree of integrity, ethics, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of HR general principles, policies, procedures and best practices preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within the parameters of instructions given
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Work Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources with 5+yrs of HR Generalist experience
- Considerable knowledge of local, state, and federal laws relating to employment practices, principles and practices of human resources. Human Resource certification as a SHRM-CP and/or PHR is desired.
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to build relationships and interact at all levels within the organization.
- Proven skills in leadership, project management and people management
- Professional management of confidential information
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- HRIS and ATS knowledge, Workforce Now experience is preferred
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency