Review and audit of payroll and benefit payments for compliance (FLSA, University policy, and procedures, etc.) accuracy and timeliness. Accountable for responding promptly to requests for information and referrals to other resources as appropriate.
Accountable for maintaining departmental data management, ensuring data is accurately filed and easily accessible. Includes physically filing documents related to payroll and benefit vendor activity. Scanning data, creating and maintaining electronic storage systems. Shredding and physically shifting files as needed.
Reviewing of AP invoicing, including those related to purchase orders to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and courteous information in response to vendors regarding payment status.
Responsible for the review, analysis, audit, and execution of all online transactional activity. Responsible for the return and explanation for transactions that do not meet appropriate requirements.
Responsible for brokering support and answers for a variety of financial questions fielded to the accounting office.
Primary accountabilities specific to Human Resources include:
Accountable for maintaining departmental data management, ensuring data is accurately filed and easily accessible. Includes physically filing documents related to payroll, medical, and recruitment. Scanning data, creating and maintaining electronic storage systems. Shredding and physically shifting files as needed.
Accountable for customer service on phones and in person, triaging, responding, and redirecting as appropriate.
Accountable for providing assistance with the onboarding process, creating packets, ensuring information is up-to-date, professional, and welcoming.
Accountabilities for both departments:
Maintain records, research information, analyze data, prepare reports, edit and format documents and presentations, and produce standard reports.
Assist with projects and office coverage as assigned.
- Two or more years of office experience or a combination of education and experience with comparable skills is required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are required, as well as the ability to work as part of a team to find mutually beneficial solutions.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced setting.
- A high level of attention to detail is required.
- Requires excellent organizational skills.
- You have demonstrated an understanding of workflow processes and how each step in the process impacts other actions, the end product, and department goals.
- Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and students daily.
- You are proficient in computer applications, including Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Basic accounting knowledge is preferred.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with database work are preferred.
- A minimum of a High School diploma is required.
- An Associate's degree in a related discipline preferred.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency