Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Level : Experienced
Job Location : Sacred Heart Schools Atherton - Atherton, CA
Position Type : Full Time 12 - Month Schedule of Duties
Education Level : Associate Degree
Travel Percentage : None
Job Category : Human Resources
Position Purpose: Full responsibility for payroll processes including but not limited to preparing, reconciling and processing bi-weekly payrolls. Primarily responsible for ensuring all payroll processes meet legal and school policy compliance. Responsible for administering SHS health and welfare benefits and supports other HR functions.
- Partner with HR staff to support excellent employee experience during entire employment cycle.
- Inform HR and Business Office staff of potential compliance issues and recommend solutions.
- Fully responsible for all aspects of the payroll process and liaising with payroll provider, HR and employees. Duties include and are not limited to:
- Processing all timecards, verifying information and calculations and specific payroll rates related to such items as holiday, overtime, off-shift, meal penalties;
- Monitoring leave, compensatory time totals, and leave balances and changes in payroll related data;
- Maintaining detailed records of stipends in coordination with HR, principals and department heads to ensure accuracy each pay period; also responsible for maintaining records of individual earnings, deductions and related data.
- Conducting and analyzing audit reports related to time entry and to validate internal payroll controls;
- Summarizing deductions and withholdings for journal entries;
- Communicating with employees regarding corrections or action needed and answering payroll related questions from all constituencies, keeping the Director of HR informed as appropriate;
- Collaborate with HR staff to draft Leave of Absence (LOA) worksheets and meet with employees planning LOAs.
- Provide excellent guidance to the HR department by researching, analyzing and proposing potential process and/or policy changes. Creates and maintains payroll process documentation.
- Administer employee benefits and ensure effective and timely communication with duties including but not limited to:
- Coordinating with Director of HR and benefits broker to update Employee Benefits Guide and the payroll system to accurately reflect current offerings.
- Participate in orientation meetings, clearly communicating offerings and eligibility.
- Assist employees in accessing choices in the payroll system and answering related questions.
- Ensure that premium deductions in the payroll system are accurate.
- Perform additional duties as directed.
- High school diploma or GED and a minimum of two years of experience in a similar position. Will consider any combination of education and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully and expertly perform the essential duties.
- Recent experience as the day-to-day system administrator for an electronic time/attendance and benefits software system. Paycom and other similar software experience (Workday, Kronos, Paychex, Paylocity) is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of California and Federal laws regarding leave of absence and ADA compliance.
- Commitment to embrace and adopt new procedures, technology, software and related systems, in particular those related to payroll and personnel information.
- Ability to review SHS documents and policy and apply them accurately to payroll and benefit issues.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to all instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Demonstrated competency working both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to identify potential and actual problems, develop solutions and resolve to a positive outcome in the midst of simultaneously occurring work activities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to use initiative and sound independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Commitment to professional development, keeping up to date and adapting quickly to changes in payroll and HRIS processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all constituents in a school environment and employ extreme confidentiality in all matters.
- Must demonstrate full competency with basic word processing (mail merge, track changes, etc.,) strong to-expert Excel skills (V-lookup, pivot tables), data base (Blackbaud or similar) and internet functions and ability to use basic office equipment.
- Ability to understand and apply payroll related local and state ordinances. Interpret complex guidelines, rules, and policies and procedures and accurately apply the direction provided to operational actions and procedures.
- CPP (by APA) certification and/or experience working with SOX compliance is a plus.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Works in a highly stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- Must comply with all state vaccination requirements and show proof of vaccination including but not limited to COVID-19 or proof of eligibility for exemption.
- Ability to travel safely and comfortably across a 64 acre campus.
- Regularly uses close and distance vision working at a desk and computer screen/keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Works in a traditional climate controlled office environment.
- Regularly sit, talk and hear, turn, bend, reach; must be able to lift 12 lbs. regularly and occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
Salary: Please note that if there is a salary estimate listed for this position, it is being automatically generated from the career website and may not be an accurate reflection on the salary for this position. However, we offer competitive compensation based on years of experience and skills level. This position offers health and welfare benefits subject to plan parameters, including medical, dental, vision, Life & LTD, 403(b) retirement plan and more.
To apply, visit https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=76754&clientkey=21C19A934F56ECD27A2D47C258FFBC6B
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency