Director, People Center (HYBRID)
Champlain College is seeking a dynamic and proven human resources professional. As Director of the People Center, you will plan and oversee a wide range of human resources functions including HR operations, talent acquisition and development, employee relations, people policies and programs, compensation, employee relations, HR systems and compliance. This hybrid role is integral to shaping our organization's culture, nurturing our talent, and supporting progress in achieving initiatives identified in the Champlain College 2030 R/Evolutionary Strategic Plan. Apply today and bring your leadership to the Champlain College Community!
- Provides strategic guidance and leadership to the People Center team
- Develops and administers human resources programs and policies to reflect Champlain's mission and values, support institutional goals and positively engage the workforce
- Supports and helps lead organizational initiatives for fostering an inclusive and diverse community
- Maintains broad and current subject matter knowledge and expertise in federal and state employment laws to advise leadership with solutions for human resources issues and evolving organizational needs
- Partners with Green Mountain Higher Education Consortium (GMHEC) on people related strategy and execution to include Human Resources Information Systems management, benefits program design implementation, leaves administration, well-being initiatives and payroll services
- Leverages technology and well-designed business processes to drive operational efficiency
- Manages operations of end-to-end human resources function to deliver talent acquisition, training, compensation and employee support services. Understands and supports payroll processes
- Partners with leadership across the organization to provide human resources programs, strategies and best practices to support other institutional leaders
- Builds and develops the teams and technology resources to facilitate regulatory compliance, recordkeeping, transaction processing, and analysis of workforce metrics
- Identifies and explores trends in human resources to enhance the employee experience, meet evolving organizational needs and create innovative programs
- Departmental management of people, budget, process and operations
- Minimum of eight years of HR/OD experience and a Bachelor's in a related field and/or a combination of education, training and experience
- PHR/SPHR and CCP designation preferred
- Commitment and experience in diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging and justice
- Demonstrated working knowledge of employment laws, HR policy development, interpretation, management, risk management
- Experience in employee relations, compensation planning and talent acquisition
- Financial acumen and budget management
- Skilled in Union negotiations and relationship management
- Proficiency working with technology, data and data analysis
- Excellent public speaking skills
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications. The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity and academic excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice:
To apply, visit https://champlain.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=169032&CNTRNO=3&TSTMP=0
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency