This position is responsible for recruiting, promotional processes, human resource transaction processing such as new hire and onboarding functions, appointment changes, adjustments and overall coordination and management of unit operations for the System Human Resource Services.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Initiate hiring activities related to appointments, which includes: preparing offers letters; degree verifications, finalizing and fully executing new hire job descriptions (including entry in database) with the appropriate signatures, pre-employment checks such as non-disclosure forms and background checks; nepotism forms; HRFE transactions for new hires; verifying employment eligibility and completion of Form I-9's using the I-9 Tracker system. (30%)
- Primary contact for coordinating academic professional and civil service searches, including: pre-screening applicants; chairing search committee meetings; coordinating interviews; conducting references; extending and negotiating offers; and notifying applicants of search status for System Office units. Serve as a consultant to department/hiring managers on appropriate classification and exemption criteria. (20%)
- Assist with the onboarding process to include updating hiring manager of candidate status, netid and UIN; new hire checklist; sending welcome information and onboarding materials; processing new hire access; facilitating benefit form completion; and coordinating the completion of new hire processing within System Office HR. (15%)
- Perform human resource transaction processing for all employee groups (students, grads, extra help, academic professional, civil service, academic hourly retirees/rehires and visiting scholars) at all three universities and System Offices which includes: processing payroll transactions and monitoring time sheet submission and approvals; processing lump sum/overcomp payments; processing payroll adjustments and labor distributions/redistributions pay changes current employees and separating employees; processing service in excess payments; and processing job leave record changes. Ensure data integrity in Banner and HRFE systems for management reporting (15%)
- Serve as an internal resource in researching and interpreting University policies and procedures related to employment issues to satisfactorily resolve problems and/or address concerns related to human resource management. (10%)
- Assist with the AVSL/VSL reporting process to include contacting employees and managers; system updates as it relates to reporting lines. Assist with answering employee questions regarding civil service and academic professional leave balances and accruals. Assist with leave administration projects, documentation tracking and reconciliations; FMLA tracking and closing procedures; and retiree/rehire processing and approvals. (5%)
- Other duties and responsibilities appropriate for a Human Resource Associate including assistant with development of job descriptions and unit org charts based on hiring or staffing changes. (5%)
- Bachelor's degree in human resources administration, sociology, psychology, business, labor relations or a related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
1. Two years of work experience performing professional level human resources duties. 2. At least one year of experience with the recruiting/search process in private or public sector. 3. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that reflect courtesy, diplomacy, and a collaborative approach to develop and maintain effective work relationships and to effectively interact with University staff and System Human Resource Services clients. 4. Ability to work independently and to exercise good judgment and discretion in the performance of all work assignments. 5. Ability to multi-task and prioritize work accordingly to meet deadlines while staying on task with daily assignments. 6. Ability to provide a high level of customer service to System Office employee and department managers. 7. Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook PowerPoint, Access) as well as proficiency with an Internet browser (e.g. Microsoft Internet Explorer, Chrome, or comparable browser). 8. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to and ability to handle multiple duties at one time. 9. Excellent problem-solving skills to address difficult, complex issues. 10. Excellent keyboarding, grammar, and proofreading skills, with strong emphasis on accuracy and applicable formats and criteria, to prepare and process correspondence, reports, and other documents that appropriately reflect University and department standards. Preferred: 1. Familiarity with University of Illinois campuses (Chicago, Springfield, Urbana or System Office), governance structure and hands on experience and practical application of policies and processing. 2. Demonstrated experience using HR related programs/applications: NewHire, New hire, HR Front End, Banner, Cornerstone, JDexpert or other applicant tracking system and Tracker.
- Familiarity with University of Illinois campuses (Chicago, Springfield, Urbana or System Office), governance structure and hands on experience and practical application of policies and processing.
- Demonstrated experience using HR related programs/applications: NewHire, New hire, HR Front End, Banner, Cornerstone, JDexpert or other applicant tracking system and Tracker.
This is a full-time, Civil Service position.
Application Procedures & Deadline Information
For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit a letter of application, resume, and names/addresses/phone numbers of three professional references by 6 pm on 9/18/2023 or visit www.hr.uillinois.edu/employment.
System Human Resource Services
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations process by contacting System Human Resource Services - Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging at 217-333-2600, or by emailing ADAaccessibility@uillinois.edu.
As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
Requisition ID: 9000547
Job Category: Civil Service
Campus Location: Urbana
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency